Final Reflection

Kam Zi Ying (0348207) 

Bachelor of Mass Communication (Hons) Advertising & Brand Management
Taylor's University
Design Principles
__


Final Reflection


In this module, the biggest thing that I have learned is knowing that how to analyse the artwork in the view of design. It is all about design elements and design principles. After learning all the basic knowledge about design and looking back at the artwork created by others, I started to feel and know how the artists would try to express their emotions and experiences in every piece of their artwork. The feeling of my eyesight looking at the artworks was different from what I see before learning about the design principles. Besides, I also got the opportunity to challenge myself to develop my artwork with different design principles applied.

I was glad that I have chosen this module this semester as this semester is the first semester that I can attend physical tutorial classes. It's been a long time since to participate in physical classes since the pandemic of covid 19. The most enjoyable part was the visual research process. Every time when I started to do my exercise, I find interesting to look at my design view by finding out which design principles the artwork applied in the visual research. Besides that, I enjoy having physical tutorial classes on campus and consulting with my lecturer. It is because I got more motivated and ideas after listening to the useful advice from my lecturer to improve on my artwork. 

The biggest thing that I think I have learned was design thinking and creative progress when it comes to developing my own artwork. I have the opportunity to explore and find out what I wanted to express through my design artwork. The experiences, the emotion, the attitude about myself that I rarely think about. In the overall progress, I get to understand and figured out my strengths and weaknesses when it comes to the design. 

First of all, our lecture session is conducted online by watching the lecture videos according to the weekly topics. I believe that this has already become a habit for most of us used to having online classes and watching lecture videos online over the past few semesters. This learning method is actually quite good for me as sometimes I might forget about some lecture points and I am able to rewatch the lecture video to make sure I catch up with the pace of the learning. As mentioned that the biggest change in the learning journey is that we have to attend the tutorial session each week than how I learned other subjects in the past few semesters. I think this is a quite great experience for me to return to how my campus life should be and attending tutorial sessions makes me take my tasks more serious than in the past semesters.

From my experience, I would say that I was satisfied with the way I study in this module. The exercise tasks are distributed in a good time frame for us to explore our ideas and give us to design our work freely without any limitations. Lecture videos are recorded clearly with points and examples given for a better understanding. I really enjoy it and can't think of any improvements that should be made to this module! Just a big thanks to the module lecturer dr Pauline and ms Jinchi for teaching us in this module! 

Comments